● Dashboard: A series of readouts that are available on the vehicle’s dashboard including the odometer, speedometer, temperature gauge as well as warning lights must function properly to avoid the warning lights from appearing on the dash. In case of a warning light, we can analyse the reason for it.
● Tyres and suspension: The condition of the shocks can determine the suspension of the vehicle. The tyres are also inspected to determine if they are prone to any wear and tear, which can imply significant alignment issues.
● Fluids: To keep the engine cool and clean, provide enough pressure to the individual systems, keep your car’s windscreen clean, and check if there are any potential leaks of fluids, we check the engine oil, brake fluid, coolant, power steering fluid, windscreen washer fluid, among others.
● Brakes: The brake pads are an integral part of your brake system and needs to be well maintained for the safety of the passengers. If they are worn out, they need to be replaced. Additionally, checking the brake rotors for uneven wear and rust is also necessary.
● Engine: Checking the engine involves the following checks:
a) Cooling System: Radiator, hoses, thermostats, etc are key parts of the cooling system of your car. We perform a thorough check on all these engine parts to make sure that the coolant system functions properly.
b) Air Filter: We check to see if there is any debris in the air filter.
c) Ignition Components: We inspect the ignition switch, starter, and starter solenoid in addition to the alternator, spark plugs, spark plug wires, and battery.
● Transmission: We will check if the transmission gear shifts smoothly as well as if the transmission fluids are fine.
● Exhaust: We inspect the exhaust manifold, catalytic converter, muffler, and tailpipe to ensure that the exhaust system works fine.
● Car Body: We check for dents and rust on the car body surface to ensure the paint job is intact.
● Vehicle Lights: We check the headlights, brake lights, hazard lights, and turn signals to alert you on time about various warnings and signs.
● HVAC System: We check the air conditioning and heater system to ensure that the HVAC system of the car is functioning perfectly.
When Should You Get a Mobile Pre Purchase Car Inspection?
A pre purchase inspection is when you hire a professional auto mechanic specialist in Caulfield to thoroughly inspect the exterior body as well as the overall functioning of all components of the car you are planning to buy. This is essential to gain insights into flaws or drawbacks, and to judge if the car is a good buy. It can be done effectively only by a mechanic or a pre purchase inspection service with professional expertise.
Independent Pre Purchase Car Inspection Service in Caulfield
K&R Autos Auto Inspections is a one-stop service centre for all your onsite car inspection booking services in Caulfield for the most affordable rates and the services of expert auto mechanics and technicians making use of advanced equipment and technology. Call us for a mobile pre purchase car inspection booking in Caulfield.